Ph.D. position in Strategy – Open strategizing
Lille Economics and Management (LEM UMR CNRS 9221) and IÉSEG School of Management invite applications for a Ph.D. position in Strategy – Open strategizing.
ABOUT IÉSEG SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
• IÉSEG is AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA accredited and is a member of the “Conférence des Grandes Écoles.”
• IÉSEG is member of a CNRS (French National Center for Scientific Research) research lab: LEM.
• IÉSEG’s faculty is very diverse with 45 different nationalities represented.
ABOUT LILLE ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT (LEM)
• LEM is a research unit, labellised by the CNRS, associating the University of Lille and IÉSEG School of Management
• LEM comprises about 200 researchers and 100 doctoral students in economics and management.
• LEM is a young, internationally oriented and dynamic laboratory with a strong scientific ambition.
• Applicants should have a MSc. (or be close to completion) in management, or similar. He/she is expected to possess strong analytical skills and have a commitment to research excellence.
• He/she should be curious and rigorous; He/she should also display a high level of team-spirit.
• Applicants should be preferably fluent in both English and French.
The PhD student will be supervised by Pr. Caroline Sargis-Roussel and Pr. Cécile Belmondo.
We are looking for candidates whose research interests are related to strategy and the understanding of how strategy processes unfold. In a context of strategy massification, traditional approaches of strategy processes are evolving towards more transparency and inclusion using technologies to involve the crowd. Even if developing fast, academics still have to explore in-depth open strategizing processes, and their dilemma, challenges, facilitators and consequences. These processes are social by nature, technologically supported, materially mediated and embedded in the organizational context. Thus, the PhD candidate should have an appetence for sociological approaches (Practice theory), strategy-as-practice perspective, and good knowledge of traditional strategy perspectives. From a methodological point of view, the PhD candidate is expected to be able to lead longitudinal qualitative field work / ethnography studies.
The selected applicant is expected to begin his/her assignment in September 2019. Gross salary will be competitive with other European research and academic institutions. The PhD student will be based either in Lille or in Paris (on the site of IESEG School of Management). The selected candidate will be enrolled at SESAME doctoral school (University of Lille). The PhD student will get all the means and support to engage in innovative business relevant research projects with high potential to get published in international peer-reviewed journals.
Interested applicants must send their curriculum vitae in a PDF document bearing the applicant’s name and the reference code “STRAT” reserved for this opening by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
For any further question, please contact us by e-mail.
We will begin considering candidates immediately and will continue until the position is filled. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.